Event & Shift Calendar
A Shift = Red
B Shift = Green
C Shift = Blue
ocal 92 proudly accepts the support of our brothers in blue; The Toledo Police Patrolman's Association. The TPPA stands in solidarity with Local 92 as we push for a safer and less hostile department. Read their letter of support here
With 500 members strong, we are dedicated to protecting the lives and property of the proud citizens of Toledo. Our fire fighters, EMT's, paramedics and special rescue technicians comprise a highly trained and dedicated staff of men and women who provide a wide range of services for the citizens of Toledo. These services include structural fire fighting, advanced life support paramedic service, technical rescue, hazardous materials response, fire prevention education and fire inspection.
Welcome to the Toledo Firefighters, IAFF Local 92 Web site. Local 92 is the exclusive bargaining unit representing the men and women of the Toledo, Ohio Division of Fire & Rescue.
Brother in blood or brother in blue, Rick and Keith are great men and took part in honoring Steve Machcinski and Jamie Dickman at the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial in Emmitsburg, MD.
"Silence never won rights. They are not handed down from above; they are forced by pressures from below." -Roger Baldwin, ACLU
National Fallen Firefighters Life Safety Initiatives:
• Define and advocate the need for cultural change in the fire service.
• Enhance personal and organizational accountability.
• Focus attention on risk management.
• Empower firefighters to stop unsafe acts.
• Develop national training/qualification standards.
• Develop national physical fitness standards.
• Create a national research and data system relative to the initiatives.
• Use technology as it relates to health and safety.
• Investigate all firefighter fatalities, injuries, and near misses.
• Ensure grant programs of safe practices.
• Develop national response procedures.
• Develop national procedures to violent incidents.
• Provide firefighters and their families access to counseling.
• Provide resources for public education in fire and life safety.
• Advocate residential sprinklers.
• Make safety a design consideration for apparatus.